Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Vegas Shooters Provide Justification for Police Militarization


More details are coming out about the two would be revolutionaries who murdered two Las Vegas police officers in cold blood as they were eating lunch on Sunday at a pizza chain. The two perps, a charming couple named Jerad and Amanda Miller are being tabbed by authorities and the media as “extremists” and their history is chock full of right-wing ideology of the worst sort. These are not just libertarians concerned with the militarizing of the American police and gross transgressions of a rogue government but two obvious nut jobs who bought into too much of the same sort of agitprop that has been used to incite threats of violence against freed prisoner of war Bowe Bergdahl’s mother and father and his hometown of Hailey, Idaho which was forced to cancel a welcome home party due to the threat of a violent invasion by the same sort of deranged types as the Millers.
Reports have confirmed that the two left both a swastika emblem as well as a yellow Gadsden flag on the bodies of the slain officers  - Igor Soldo and Alyn Beck - and had come to see the police as oppressors and viewed law enforcement as fascism. That’s not too much of a reach in The Homeland where thanks to the federal government that local cops now more resemble soldiers in a war zone than peace officers. The two had bragged about attending the anti-government rally at the Cliven Bundy ranch in Nevada which was hyped by the usual pack of right-wing media and Republican political jackals who traffic in outrage and according to a Bundy relative they were run off as being too “radical”. The blog/website Little Green Footballs has several pictures that allegedly show Jared Miller at the ranch as well as of him being interviewed by a local television station. While it is not normally a place I would go on a regular basis for reliable information they have done a good job in compiling this stuff.
The activist talk radio host Alex Jones of Infowars.com is again being blamed for inciting an act of violence on police and a post that Jared Miller had written entitled “The Police (To Kill Or Not To Kill?)” has been published in the media. I have periodically listened to the Jones show over the years and long ago came to the conclusion that it is a front for the secretive ultra-conservative organization The Council For National Policy or CNP as well as the gun lobby and the John Birch Society but the actual host to my knowledge has never explicitly encouraged the killing of anybody let alone police officers. But it is the constant inflammatory rhetoric that incites troubled personalities to embark upon acts of violence such as what happened in Vegas over the weekend. I excerpt the following from Miller’s screed”
I believe in Gods law.  You know the ones.  Dont steal, dont murder, etc.  I fear that if they came, even with a warrant, that I feel they are being unlawfull and infringing upon my rights.  I feel that I have been violated and tread upon.  That the so called justice system has done me harm.  I do not wish to kill police.  I understand that most of them believe they are doing the right thing.  Yet, I will not go to jail, because I have not committed a crime!  I would rather die than be labeled as a criminal.  Let them call me a terrorist.  Let them label me as a fanatic, some nut job.  I know the truth, and so does God.  I’m sure our founding fathers were labeled as such.  Call me a radical, i will wear that badge with pride.  Because America is a radical idea!  Brought up upon radical thinking.  That each man has constitutional rights that are God given and cannot be taken away no matter what.  I refuse to stand by and let them dictate my life.  My family loves me, my neighbors love me.  I do good for the community, more than any cop can claim.  How can a police officer have a consience arresting people who have done nothing to harm a fellow american?  How can they sleep at night?  I wouldnt be able to.  So as i reflect, I’m being pushed further and further into a corner.  I am like a wild coyote.  You corner me, I will fight to the death.  I love America, i love the idea of it.  I am broken hearted tho to see people so pacified by materealism and obsession with hollywood stars.  It is our duty as American citizens to stand against tyranny.  To stand against corruption at all levels.  How did this happen?  That patriots like me could be resting under the boot of tyrants, and as i plead for help from my fellow americans they just walk on by.  All the while thinking, at least its not happening to me.  Yet, the sad thing is, it is happening to them.  So, do I kill cops and make a stand when they come to get me?  I would prefer to die than sit in their jail, when I have done nothing to hurt anyone.
While Jones’ bombastic style attracts the Jared Millers of the country and as it is so completely over the top that he is easily demonized – his website is now claiming that Batman has become the new Catcher in the Rye in seeking to defend the gun industry role in the ongoing wave of killings across the US as well as calling the killings a false flag – the real culprits are the accepted mainline “conservative” news organizations such as Fox and celebrity hosts such as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as well as the wave of cunning politicians seeking to cash in on anti-Obama paranoia. While I am a defender of the Second Amendment and a law-abiding gun owner it disgusts me to see the sort who have come to represent the right to bear arms – when your moral avatars are degenerate freaks like draft-dodging baby daddy Ted Nugent, a man who shit his pants at the draft board to avoid going to Nam so as to not confront something that actually shot back it is a problem. The plague of open carry laws, particularly in states like Georgia only serve to fuel the fantasies of the lunatic fringe like Miller and encourage them to buy more even more guns, booking profits for the gun manufacturers and their lobby the NRA and stripping Americans of their own Constitutional right not to end up being shot by one of these freaks.
While the Miller couple may have ambushed and executed those two police officers out of some twisted hope that their actions would trigger an uprising against what is in effect a heavily armed and truly dangerous police state in America they have only served to provide more justification for it.  In their desperate and ill-conceived rampage they have also done more damage to the Second Amendment rights of Americans that are constantly undermined by the actions of those who can only be called domestic terrorists. Sadly the criminals will become martyrs to a good many Americans despite their gift to the supporters of police militarization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment